Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Mantel


 The girls and I finished up our Halloween mantel over the weekend.

 I had wanted to buy some vintage sign letters to spell out "BOO", but after I checked out the prices on Etsy and ebay, I decided to just make my own.  I used some scrap wood and cut out some big letters with a jigsaw.  The girls helped me to paint and distress them.

The large spider web is from Dollar Tree.  What a deal for $1!

 We made a banner to display their past Halloween costumes.

 We folded scrapbook paper accordion style and glued them into medallion shapes.  We then hot glued the photos and some buttons on and attached it all to some jute.

Lastly, I left up this big print of the girls, but added some black paper masks.  I just freehanded a few different mask shapes on some cardstock, cut them out, and them lightly taped them onto the print.

A little bit spooky, but mainly fun -- that's how we like Halloween around here!
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Halloween Mantels

2 comments:

  1. cute! I love the colorful medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mantel is awesome! I love how you added the masks to the photo!

    ReplyDelete