Friday, February 10, 2012

Preschool Career Day

A few days ago, my twins came home from preschool and were so excited to tell me about Career Day.  They were supposed to choose what they wanted to be when they grew up and dress accordingly.  I thought I would share their quick costumes for future Halloween ideas.


Madeline quickly decided that she wanted to be a vet.  I admit, I was really excited about this because the girls had received a play vet kit for Christmas, so we had lots of props.  :)


She wanted a "long, white jacket like a doctor", but I convinced her that scrubs would work for a vet.  We found lots of scrubs at Goodwill for $3.99.  I ran an iron-on transfer through the printer to add her full veterinarian name.  The size extra-small top wasn't too bad over some similar colored leggings and a long sleeved t-shirt.


For a finishing touch, I printed out a few fake business cards for her.  She kept them in her pocket and told me that she gave her teacher one before she left. :)


Grace had already decided about her career choice long before I asked her (big surprise).  She told me that she wanted to be "a person who works at the grocery".  I assumed that she meant a cashier, but when I started discussing a cash register, she quickly corrected me that she wanted to be the person who put the food on the shelves.  Dream big, little girl!

I picked up a child size canvas apron at Walmart and used an iron on transfer to make her a grocery store logo.  The apron didn't have pockets, so I just folded up the bottom and stitched the sides and the middle to make some pockets to hold her stock girl accessories.  We added a clip on name tag, a small notebook, some garage sale price tags, and a produce bag that I swiped from Walmart.  She shopped her play kitchen for a grocery basket and a few essentials to carry along.

I wish I had a picture of the whole preschool class.  They all looked pretty cute today!

No comments:

Post a Comment